I didn’t realize that people were actually reading this blog, so when I didn’t post for 3 months straight, it didn’t go unnoticed. I could first blame it on the holidays and work, but then it just turned into not doing it. My original intent of watching less TV and keeping my brain and body active turned into trolling Buzzfeed, Pinterest, and Twitter more often than I should.
3 months into 2014 and I’m ready for my #25In25 list. That’s right, I turned 25 in February and it’s officially a Quarter Life Crisis. The day after my birthday someone said to me “Welp, you’re closer to 30 than 20 now”. WELL THANKS.
The blog is back and so are some of the things from my 24 list, along with some new ones. I’m still intending for this blog to be a monthly update with some sarcasm thrown in and not a Dear Diary slash look at what food I made today. Here’s the list!
- Maintain this blog
- Join a new group and/or volunteer and meet some more people in the community
- Try a new-to-me-recipe once a month
- Make a batch of cupcakes once a month
- Learn how to snap my fingers, blow bubbles with gum, and/or whistle
- Rap the entire “Jump Around” song by House of Pain
- Complete the Sunday Sudoku without any help
- Type out as many of my Gma’s diaries as I can get through
- Read two new books a month
- Scrapbook more – get caught up!
- Be a better pen pal (write more letters, notes, postcards)
- Play my piano and/or ukulele more, like weekly.
- Spend less money
- Take my lunch to work at least 3 times a week (directly related to #14)
- Do a crazy Pinterest nail/manicure/pedicure project
- Organize my apartment a little bit more (and a lot more often)
- Finish that half marathon – suck it 12.1!
- Weekend trip to Chicago with my bestie
- Go to more Hawkeye football games and/or tailgates
- Eat 5 servings of fruit and 5 servings of veggies a week
- Binge watch the full seasons of Mad Men and Breaking Bad
- Design more and get better at InDesign
- Be a better beer drinker and not have to resort to Bud Light when I go out
- **Secret to myself
I’m still hoping this turns out to be just like the movie Julie/Julia where her blog becomes famous. I’d cast Meryl Streep as my mother.